Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cute...Coil???

Hey yo! I'm going to have to make this short because I have to leave in about 30 min to meet the hubs and get our fingerprints taken! It's for the adoption.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and update about...stuff.

I have a new job! Again! I'll be working as a server at J.R.Rockers - yeah...that place I hate haha. Figures, right? They were the first place that offered. I was really close to turning it down (because...I hate that place), but 2 things kept me from bailing: 1) I whine a lot which makes me think I've forgotten how to suffer - a little hard work (at a place I hate with a horrible schedule) will do me some good! 2) the money will REALLY help out with our adoption fund! and BONUS 3) Since Regan is leaving for 6 weeks, I'm going to need something to keep me from dwelling on the fact that I'm totally alone in GERMANY AAAAAAAAH!!! Orientation is Thurs, and then who knows. I'm going to tell them I can't start until the day after Regan leaves, though...and they better just watch it because I'm half-way to quitting already haha!

Speaking of Regan leaving, I've given myself some goals to accomplish while he's gone!
1) Get my butt in shape (and the rest of me, too): I'm LAZY and don't work out enough (though I've been working out like a champ so far this week!) I don't have any specific goals for weight or measurements...I just want to work out consistently and eat healthy foods and feel GOOD about myself, you know? I want to feel healthy and maybe run another 10 K (or half marathon?) I'm tossing around the idea of keeping a work out/eating diary to help motivate myself. We shall see...

2) Crochet 1 scarf!! I tried to pick up crochet earlier this year and failed so hard it's not really funny. I figure, I'll have lots of time to sit alone watching TV...so why not try to crochet again? And a scarf is like easy crochet 101 type stuff. I can't fail...right?!

3) Sew some stuff!! That sounds vague...but I actually have a few things picked out: A couple of baby things for my sister (about to bust with baby any day now! YAY!), finish a dress I started 4 years ago, and a classy skirt! Also *maybe* work on an old cosplay that I only half-finished, some stuff to sell, and start work on my super secret very cool Pokemon project!!

4) Organize photos/mp3!! This is going to be an on-going, never-ending type thing, though...If I even work on it once a week, I won't count it a fail. I really want the photos organized so that I can print some family albums and I want my mp3's organized so that I can have music on my ZUNE!!

5) VLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think about it so much...I just need to do it. No reason. Maybe some part of my ego needs people to watch me talking?? The problem is I have no idea what to do haha! I just want to post something on Youtube...we'll see what it ends up being.

6) Make on-line stuff pretty!!!!!!!! Ever since I purged my on-line existence, all of my stuff looks ugly! I can't stand it. I need to make my myspace and DA pretty for sure, but I also want to make this and our family blog pretty. I have some little bit of photoshop skills, so I'm going to refresh them and try to make some cool stuff! YEAH!

7) Transpose my LJ so I can finally get rid of Kaohotplate there!! I started doing it before, but I want to start over. If I break it down and do a set number of entries per week, I should be able to get the whole thing done by the time Regan gets home. Then, if I'm earning enough money for us to have some extra cash, I'll starting printing them in books year by year!

Hrm...there are some other little things I want to do while he's gone, too...but they don't warrant a mention.

I look at a lot of other people's cooking/crafting/sewing blogs and I've realized that mine is lame...because I never have finished projects and fun tutorials and stuff! I just talk about stuff too much. I'm hoping that in the coming weeks as I work towards these goals, I'll have something to show for it. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment