Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Epic Fail or Epic Win?

Blaaaaaa~H! Hi. How's it going?

Ok, so I know that I totally blew any schedule I'd set for this blog. Totally not my fault. Both of our laptops have been unusable for a while now. We're waiting on a new power cord for one and a new start up disk for the other. Luckily!!! My husband is smart and remembered that we had a desktop compy, too!! So it's all hooked up and that's what I'll be using for the time being.

So how are my goals coming along? Well...slowly. I really haven't been doing very well at sticking to my schedules. I think maybe I'm trying to over-do it? I don't know. It seems like I should be able to do everything I want to...I don't see why it doesn't happen. And now it's going to get even harder because *TA DA* I've started a new FULL TIME job. It wasn't supposed to be full time...but it is. So my free time has been chopped down to pretty much nothing. I've used most of my free time to clean since I started the job. This simply won't do! If I can't feel like I'm still progressing in my hobbies, I think I'll be really unhappy.

Some good news - I've finally started on the novel I've had in mind for a while. I know I know: "Another project? REALLY? You're dumb." Well, be that as it may...I've done it. My goal is one chapter a week with the hopes of being finished with the book (at least finished enough for a serious edit to be shipped off to publishers) by the end of September. With any luck, that will put me on schedule to write the 2nd volume (yeah...it's going to be a series. Go ahead and make fun of me) for NaNoWriMo (since I failed so hardcore last year). Anyway, I'll try to keep track of my progress in here so you can follow along with how I'm doing!

I've really got to make time for my art as well - it's something I've decided I really want to focus on, along with writing. Don't get me wrong - sewing, crocheting, playing the piano, and all of those other things I'm trying to work on are important to me, too! But especially now that I've got such limited time, I feel like I should really pick just a couple of things to focus on. Of course, cooking is a daily thing so I'm always working on that (ps. the pics of things I've cooked lately are on the laptop that's missing a power cord - sorry). Sewing is kind of a 'have to' thing - like, I sew when I need a costume or something. It's going to happen because I'm going to Otakon in July! The only things I'm really worried about being totally neglected are the piano and my crocheting. I figure if I can just practice piano twice a week for 30 mins, I'll at least keep from completely falling off the wagon. As for crochet...maybe that can be my new Sunday afternoon activity??? haha. I don't know. I guess I'll have to make a new 'weekly activities' chart or something. I barely got to use the other one! Oh well - such it is.

My husband and I went to Venice over the weekend and I have to tell you...I'm totally inspired! For some reason that place makes me want to take up water coloring!!! haha maybe during the summer. I think that to take on anything else right now would be on the verge of insanity. As it is I feel like I'll never really be great at anything - I know I spread myself too thin. But I WANT to be good at everything! I want to know how to do and make everything there is in the whole world. It's pretty overwhelming haha

Anyway, I guess that's it for today. Hopefully I'll have more to actually report next time and be less dreamy with my goals. If I only I actually did everything I thought about doing ~ Life would be very different!

No comments:

Post a Comment