Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Productive Like A Rock Star!

I'm rocking this week so far! Seriously. I've been super productive every single day. The key to my success has been making and sticking to my TO-DO lists! Every night before bed I write out my list for the next day in my journal - I put it in my journal so that I'll have more accountability. If my posterity sees that I failed at my to-do list every day, how embarrassed I will be! In order to help maintain productivity and make sure I get everything done in a week that I want to, I made lists of chores and hobbies that I will work on each day of the week! Would you like to see them?

Monday
Hobby: Crochet, Family Blog, Study German
Clean: Kitchen, Bedrooms, Main Floor Halls, and Entryway

Tuesday
Hobby: Piano, Personal Blog, Sketch
Clean: Bathrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Great Room

Wednesday
Hobby: Crochet, Writing, Study German
Clean: Kitchen, Bedrooms, All Halls and Stairs

Thursday
Hobby: Piano, Sewing, Sketch
Clean: Bathrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Office

Friday
Hobby: Crochet, Personal Blog, Study German
Clean: Kitchen, Bedrooms, Great Room, Main Floor Halls

Saturday
Hobby: Piano, Sewing, Sketch
Clean: Bathrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Sewing Room, Gym

Sunday
Hobby: Crochet

So far, it's working out great! Of course, it will need to be updated from time to time, but since I've only been doing it for like a week, it's too early to tell what will need to be changed yet. Today I have hardly any cleaning to do because I just cleaned everything so recently - that's the plan, though! If I can stick to the schedule, then *theoretically* I shouldn't have to spend 3 hours cleaning my bedroom ever again! It'd be like a dream come true! Today I haven't practiced German, written anything, or got out my crocheting...and (obviously) I'm a day late with my blog. But at least my cleaning is on track, right?? And I have German class tonight anyway, so I'll be forced to practice! HA~!

I keep forgetting to take pictures of things I cook lately, but here are a couple of things.

Flounder in Lemon Butter Sauce

I got the recipe from Taste of Home: Healthy Cooking! The fish totally fell apart in the frying pan and I have no idea why. I think that I'm just not that good at cooking fish - but I will improve! The sauce was really good, but I accidentally put too much lemon juice in it, so it was a little strong. My husband liked it that way, though, so it's all good! The sauce (which was the only thing I used a recipe for) was just butter, chicken stock, lemon juice, and a little flour. Very basic.

Herb Rubbed Pork

I got the recipe for this rub from, you guessed it, Taste of Home: Healthy Cooking! I really should branch out, huh? Anyway, it was just a mix of herbs and spices rubbed onto the pork - then I covered the pork and let it sit in the fridge for about 30 min. Then I put tin foil over a rack in my oven (since I don't have a roasting pan) and cooked it for about 30 min. I served it with my favorite side dish to make, garlic mashed potatoes! YUM! The pork came out really juicy and yummy!
As you may have noticed from my lists up there, on Tuesdays (and Thursdays) I have to sketch! I decided to add that because I just never draw anything anymore. I used to draw ALL the time! I was very active on DeviantArt and it was fun. For years I've just ignored that site and didn't draw anything. So yesterday I sat down and sketched something! It felt GREAT!! I'm really excited to keep sketching in the future - I really forgot how much fun it was. Here's the picture I drew:

It's a lovely Lolita! I decided to just pick a model out of one of my Gothic and Lolita Bibles (Volume 21) and try to sketch her. I ended up using about 4 pictures for reference, but the main picture was on page 50, if you're interested to know. I really liked the model's extra long hair! It made me want some extensions haha. Anyway, it took me about 3-3 1/2 hours to draw - I think that's one reason I haven't drawn anything in recent years! It just takes me so long. I was really happy with how her hair came out. Hair was always something I could pull off. I hate the sleeves. Originally I was going to do the skirt in plaid as well, but after the sleeves I decided that I didn't want to ruin the picture. In fact, as you can see, I just decided not to do much with the skirt at all. All in all, I'm pretty pleased. For a comeback piece, it's not half bad! If you're interested, here is a link to my DeviantArt page: http://cutecoil.deviantart.com/

Do you know what I love? I LOVE MY PEN PALS! I do. I love them all so much! I got a package from my German pen pal, Kristina, today! She and I have been pen pals for close to 8 years now, I believe. We have never met, but now that I live in Germany I'm sure we'll get the opportunity! She actually lives only about an hour from where I live now! Isn't that crazy? Of all the places in the whole world where my husband and I could end up, and we ended up so close to one of my oldest, dearest pen friends! Small world. Anyway, after I got her letter, I was feeling rather nostalgic, so I got out my 'pen pal box' - it's just a small file box where I keep every letter from my pen pals. I started looking through some letters from my oldest pen pal - Yayoi from Japan. We've been pen pals for close to 9 years now! I've known, and kept in contact, with her for longer than most any other person I know (outside of my family, obviously). She is an absolute sweetheart and I love her to death! I found one letter that she wrote to me back in 2005 that literally brought a tear to my eye. She said: "Do you know that I treasure your friendship? I consider myself lucky to know you. I hope that you know that you are special to me. I'll always be our loyal friend." AAAA~W!!!! I love my pen pals. Since moving to Germany, I've gained a few more - 3, to be exact. All of them are friends who I left behind in Ohio! Writing and receiving letters is so fun. I encourage all of you to go get a pen pal! Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment